What is an API key?
It helps to explain what an API is first. An API (or Application Program Interface) is a set of protocols/rules/tools/definitions for building application software. The API key is a name given for a secret token that is submitted alongside a web service to identify the origin of the request. If the request is identified then it acts as an authentication. It generally has a set of access rights.
Which of our integrations need an API key?
Which of our integrations do not need an API key?
What does an API key look like?
It is a string of encrypted information with letters and numbers.
How do I get an API key?
- As an Admin, login to JobNimbus.
- From the top-right of the page under drop-down beneath the user's name, select Settings.
- From the left-hand column, select API.
- Select "New API key".
- Choose the desired Access Profile level.
- Select the desired integration (Sales Rabbit, Company Cam, Spotio, MapSee, etc.) within the Description box.
- Select Save.
- Copy and paste that code into the desired integration.