What is CompanyCam?
CompanyCam allows you to take photos with your phone and annotate those photos so you can tell the whole story for your jobs. The CompanyCam+JobNimbus Integration syncs contact or job records information from JobNimbus to CompanyCam. This information is used to create project records which then act as folders that the user is able to use in the CompanyCam mobile application. You can then use the CompanyCam application to sync photos into JobNimbus. Please note that the photo sync is one way only from CompanyCam to JobNimbus.
Integrating with CompanyCam
Step-by-Step Guide with Screenshots
- From your JobNimbus Settings, proceed to the API tab.
- Select New API Key. From the "Description" drop-down, select CompanyCam. From the "Access Profile" drop-down select an "Admin" level access profile.
- Select Save.
4. To the right of the newly created API Key, select Copy.
5. Within the CompanyCam web app, click on your user profile icon in the top right corner and select "Integrations" from the drop-down menu.
6. In your Integrations page, click on "Directory".
7. In your Directory, click on Integrate and then paste the API key that you copied from JobNimbus into the text field. Make sure you also enter the admin's email address.
NOTE: The email you enter must have full permissions in CompanyCam and in JobNimbus in order for the integration to work properly.
8. Lastly, choose whether you will sync CompanyCam with your JobNimbus contacts or jobs. After you choose how you will sync with CopmanyCam, save your information by clicking "Connect Integration".
**If you choose to sync jobs, the 100 most recent jobs from JobNimbus will push into CompanyCam as projects.
** If you choose to sync your contacts, all contacts from JobNimbus will push into CompanyCam as projects.
We're almost done! There are just a few more steps!
9. Select the Access Tokens within the Integrations Settings window. Select + New Token.
10. Within the "Create an Access Token" window, select JobNimbus from the drop-down provided.
DO NOT check the optional settings box labeled "This token will ONLY be used to read data from CompanyCam. That will make the token Read-Only and it will not function correctly.
11. Copy the token created.
12. Head on back to your JobNimbus account. There, go to your settings and choose CompanyCam from the left side navigation menu.
11. Paste the token from CompanyCam. Choose whether you will sync your contacts or jobs. Make sure to choose the same option you chose in step 8. Then, click "Save".
If the integration sync was successful, you will see "Active" next to the "Token Status", "User Status", and "Company Status" fields on the CompanyCam tab of your JobNimbus Settings, now.
- Your 100 most recent contact or job records (depending on your selection during setup in steps 8 and 15) and newly created records will be synced to CompanyCam as a project folder.
- Capturing, editing, and/or uploading a photo or document to a folder from the CompanyCam mobile app will sync back over to JobNimbus as an attachment on the correlating JobNimbus record.
Enjoy the integration!
If you have any other questions about setting up the CompanyCam integration in JobNimbus, please reach out to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or if you need any assistance with CompanyCam, taking photos using CompanyCam or photos not syncing properly, or any question regarding the integration, contact CompanyCam's Support Team at (402) 204-8292, or send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use their live chat, https://companycam.com/.
If you have questions about creating the API key or integrating CompanyCam with JobNimbus, check out our article here: Integrations. You can also contact Support at (855) 964-6287 or via email at email@example.com.