Boards: In JobNimbus we have three types of boards. There is a Work Order board which displays according to your work order workflow in settings. There are job or contact boards which also display according to your workflow settings. You can create many different boards for different purposes. Boards are an excellent tool for managing projects. It allows you to see visually how far along you are in your work. It also can keep your employees more accountable. Remember everything that is displayed on a board has to do with the statuses of your workflow.
First, view the video tutorials:
***Before you build a board you need to have your workflow customized first***
See workflow video
Steps to create a board.
1. Choose whether you want the board to be in "jobs" or "contacts." Jobs has to be enabled in settings and features first.
2. Settings ---> Job Workflow or Contact Workflow ---> Add workflow
3. Add statuses Example: Name: Tea 101 Workflow: Get a bag of tea>Get teacup >Drink tea
4. Go to Jobs or Contacts outside of settings. Choose to add a board in the category you want.
5. The name column is what shows on your board. You can type the same name as your status. The status is the function that connects the contact or job to the board and categorizes it appropriately.
6. You can then assign contacts to the board
Further ways to sort:
Specifying workflows: Do you want all workflows on your board or do you want specific ones?
1. Why isn't my workflow appearing on my boards?
In the board, you do have to create each list item of the process from start to finish,
if the jobs aren't showing up on boards, it's probably because the boards aren't set up to show the Types and Statuses for those jobs, or it's possible that the jobs are in an archived status.
Also, double check Board lists for all boards are set to specific Workflows (Roofing, etc.), instead of "All Workflows - [Status]" for each list. That means if a new workflow is created, it won't show up on the boards because that workflow isn't defined on the boards they have created.
You can fix this by creating a new board that is specific to that workflow on each list, or by editing an existing board to change the lists to use the "All Workflows instead - [Status]" option rather than being workflow-specific.
2. How do I filter my board?
If you would like to see a particular status or leads only assigned to a specific sales rep, there are filtration features on the board. All you have to do is edit it.
Find the board ---> Select the Ellipsis ---> Edit ---> Add filter ---> Click in the white search bar to find or exclude certain people.
3. How do people usually setup billing boards?
Each company is different, but it could look something like this:
Incoming completed jobs, submit final invoice, pending payments, received payments, finalize job folder, paid & closed and if the company is a roofing company and they do a lot of insurance jobs then you would need to add: submit warranties, submit supplements, etc
4. My contact/job/work order is not moving to another place on the board, what is wrong?
90% of the time if your contact, job, work order is not moving to where you want, then it means it is moving to a status of another workflow. A record will only move to statuses that are in its workflow. As a best practice in creating a board always have two tabs open in a browser. Take a look at your workflow (contact workflow, job workflow or work order workflow) and make sure your board has that exact workflow. Also, for simplicity and understanding, label your board names the same as the statuses. Otherwise, it may get very confusing.
5. How do I make my board available to other admins?
Your other admins will have to recreate the board in their respective accounts.
6. My contact/job/work order is not showing on my board, what do I do?
Check the statuses of your board and the status of the record. If you have a different status on your contact for example and that status was not added to the board, then the contact will not show. Everything has to be cross-referenced and linked on boards. The statuses must be on the board as your workflow.