Tags are another way to help classify and categorize your Contacts/Jobs within JobNimbus. Tags are fully reportable, so they work great for additional filtering on reports.
Some great examples of tags:
- Storm names/dates/locations
- Individual trades (roofing, gutters, siding, etc)
Using these kinds of tags, for instance, if a storm hits, a JobNimbus user could filter to see a list of all their past leads and customers that were in the affected area and reach out to them for new business.
Removing Tags from the System:
To remove a tag from the system, all instances of the tag must be deleted from the tags field by selecting “x”. All instances of the tag must be removed before it will disappear as an option from the Tags drop-down menu in the Add/Edit Contacts and Jobs sections of JobNimbus.
The “Tags” field can be added to a Job or Contact report by the following:
- When creating a new report, select “Add Column”.
- From the drop-down select the “Tags” field.
- Now the report can be filtered and organized by the new “Tags” field.
- If you don’t save a contact or job when adding a tag on the Add / Edit screen for Jobs and Contacts, it will not save that tag to the system.