Tasks are the smaller pieces of a job. There are several default task types that come in each account such as task, phone call and appointment etc... However, you may create custom task types for other kinds of work.
You may also choose whether to show or hide these tasks on the calendar. You can create tasks in the main search bar in JobNimbus, on the contact/job or on the calendar.
You may also control how you are alerted when a new task is assigned to you. You may also be reminded to complete outstanding tasks.
Tasks can further be built into automations. This is a great tool for adding detailed information during key areas of your workflow. You may setup an automation to trigger during a certain status which then will add tasks to a job/contact. Tasks can be checked off as complete. This is an effective way of standardizing a job into smaller manageable pieces that won't be forgotten.
Select Drop-down below
1)Location of Task Types:
- Select the "Settings"
- Select "Task Type" tab
- Here you can see your existing task types
- To add a new type select "Add Type"
- Fill in a name for the task type and default name. Select whether to hide from calendar/task list.
- Choose an image (optional, shows on calendar)
Adding a new task type:
Sample Calendar Icon View:
2) Creating Tasks:
After you have set-up any additional custom tasks that you need, or are satisfied with how your tasks are labelled you can create tasks on a contact/job. You can also create tasks for colleagues.
There are several locations to create tasks.They are located to left of the search bar in JobNimbus. They are located on a contact/job. They are also located in the calendar.
To the left of the main JobNimbus search bar
Task tab on a job or contact
Sample task on a job
You can be notified of tasks if you have them checked off. All users who have the task reminder checked will receive a reminder at 3 AM MST. One week old tasks to +1 day, receive reminders.
- Starting/Due Today
- If task due date is today
- If task due date was less than today but not older than 7 days
- If task due date is greater than today and not newer than 1 day from now
Select Drop-down below
Notification settings location:
- Select the "User Menu"
- Select "My Info"
- Scroll down to "Notifications"
- Select "Task Reminders"/ "Task Assigned"
- Make needed changes, scroll down "Save Notification Preferences" button