What JobNimbus Triggers and Actions Are Supported?
- Contact Created – Triggers when a new contact is created within JobNimbus.
- Contact Modified – Triggers when an existing contact is modified/edited within JobNimbus.
- Contact Created or Modified – Triggers when a new or existing contact is modified or created within JobNimbus.
- Contact Deleted – Triggers when an existing contact is deleted within JobNimbus.
- Activity Created – Triggers when a new activity is recorded in JobNimbus.
- Job Created – Triggers when a new job is created within JobNimbus.
- Job Modified – Triggers when an existing job is modified/edited within JobNimbus.
- Job Created or Modified – Triggers when a new or existing job is modified or created within JobNimbus.
- Job Deleted – Triggers when an existing job is deleted within JobNimbus.
- Create Contact – Creates a new contact in JobNimbus.
- Find Contact by Email - Allows you to search for a contact's record by their email address and use the information in the contact's record in the next or later step in your Zap.
- Find Contact by ID - Allows you to search for a contact's record by their JobNimbus ID and use the information in the contact's record in the next or later step in your Zap.
How to Get Started with JobNimbus on Zapier
When creating a JobNimbus Zap, you will first need to select an appropriate trigger or action.
Select "Continue". You will be prompted to connect a JobNimbus account. Select "Connect an Account".
A new window will appear requesting your JobNimbus API Key. If you do not have it, select the blue "Here" hyperlink.
If you selected the blue "Here" hyperlink, a new window will appear. If not currently logged into JobNimbus, you will be requested to login using a JobNimbus Admin account. Once logged in, you will be provided your API key.
Copy and paste the API key back into the API Key field in the other window. Select "Yes, Continue".
Ensure the newly connected account is selected, and select "Save + Continue".
Note: Your API Key must be set with an "full-access" or "Admin" access profile level.
If applicable, select your desired filter (JobNimbus as the Trigger), or setup your template (JobNimbus as the Action).
Filter for a trigger.
Template for an action.
Once you've completed your filter or template, select "Continue". You will be prompted to test the trigger/action. Finalizing this step completes the trigger or action.
Searching for and Updating an Existing Contact Record
Two search-related actions supported by JobNimbus with Zapier are the Find Contact by Email and Find Contact by ID. Both searches utilize specific fields within JobNimbus to pull information regarding a specific JobNimbus contact or user. These searches were created with the intended use of being able to share information with another system, or for the update of an existing contact record or to create an attachment related to a specific contact record.
- Find Contact by Email:
Utilizes the email address associated with a specific contact and pulls all relevant information regarding that contact: first name, last name, source name, date updated, number, etc. More supported fields below.
- Find Contact by ID:
Utilizes a unique JobNimbus Identifier (jnid) address to searh for a specific contact and pulls all relevant information regarding that contact: first name, last name, source name, date updated, number, etc. More supported fields.
When the Find Contact by... searches are used in conjunction with the Update Contact or Create Attachment Zapier actions, you will use the previous step's results (the contact information produced) to map to the fields "Related Id" field for the Create Attachment action step or "Id" field for the Update Contact action step.
Related Id on the Create Attachment Action
For the "Id" and "Related Id" fields, you can map to one of three options from the previous step's search:
- Owners ID: The unique JobNimbus ID (jnid) the assignee of the contact record (i,e. JobNimbus User/team member).
- jnid: This is the unique JobNimbus ID (jnid) of the previous step's contact record (not to be confused with the contact number).
- external id: This is an external field passed to JobNimbus from an outside system or integration and will rarely to never be used, unless one JobNimbus account is mapped to another outside JobNimbus account.
Adding Conditions to Your Zap
After the initial creation of an automation within Zapier (a zap), you are able to apply additional conditions to your Zap via the Automations tab within your JobNimbus settings. Some examples of sub-conditions may include:
- When creating, deleting or modifying a contact, filter by the contact’s Type, Status, Sales Rep, Location, or value of a custom field.
- When creating, deleting or modifying a job, filter by the job’s Type, Status, Sales Rep, Location, or value of a custom field.
- Filtering an activity by type, note or location when your Zap is based on the creation of an activity.
To add a condition to an existing Zap, you will need to:
- Login to the JobNimbus web app as an Admin.
- Proceed to the Automations section of your JobNimbus Settings.
- Locate the existing automation related to your Zap (typically denoted in the name with “Zapier trigger”).
- Select the automation rule’s action menu (…).
- Select Edit.
- Within the new window, select + Add Condition.
- Select your desired condition and select + Save.
- Additional conditions may be added (optional). Once complete, select + Update.
Now, your Zap will only trigger once the primary action takes place (i,e. contact created) and the conditions for the automation have been met (i,e. “Status equals lead”). To learn more about Automations, please click here.
Common Problems with JobNimbus
How do I retrieve my API key?
For further information regarding your JobNimbus API key, please see the following support article: https://support.jobnimbus.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001914566-API-keys.
How do I contact JobNimbus Support?
JobNimbus Support can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at 855-964-6287 ext 2.
Action: Create a Contact
- Created by Name
- First Name
- Last Name
- Home Phone
- Work Phone
- Fax Number
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- State Text
- Date Created
- Date End
- Contact Type
- Status Name
- Source Name
- Sales Rep Name