The Company Documents feature allows you to share attachments and files with your users in a centralized, accessible area of the JobNimbus web app. It’s an excellent place to put downloadable sales brochures or company policy documents.
This feature should not be confused with the Document Builder feature in the Templates section of the JobNimbus Settings which is used to create customizable documents within the system to include contact and job record information. Company Documents are primarily utilized for information dissemination on an as-needed basis.
How do I enable/disable this feature?
For most users, this feature is enabled by default. However, to enable or disable the feature:
1.) As a JobNimbus Admin for your company, select the drop-down under your name and select "Settings".
2.) From the left-hand tab, select "Features".
3.) Find the row for "Company Documents" and the corresponding "Enable" or "Disable" button. Select it.
How do I upload a document to the Company Documents section of JobNimbus?
- From the "Documents" tab in the Settings, select "Upload Document."
- Select "Browse" to locate and upload the document from your device.
- Select an attachment category. (More regarding Attachment Categories can be found here).
- Input a description (optional).
- Select "+Save Attachment".
- The document is now available for use and to be viewed with the other JobNimbus users for your company.
Are the Company Documents available for use/sharing within the contact/job's record?
Company Documents are meant as a shared storage area to share and download files and attachments commonly utilized within your company. Examples would include sales sheets, company fliers, and brochures. These documents are not currently available via a contact/job's record for sharing; however, you can vote for this to be included in a future update of the JobNimbus app via the following link:
Can I edit/collaborate with others using the Company Documents feature on the web app?
The Company Documents feature are meant primarily as a storage area to share and download commonly used files within your company (flyers, brochures, and sales sheets). The method of storage is solely a remote, upload and download process. There is no current way to edit these directly within your web browser using your JobNimbus. You would need to download and import these files into a 3rd party application such as Google Docs, Microsoft Office, or another applicable program to make changes to these documents. Once complete, you can then upload the document back to the Documents tab on the dashboard for sharing.
Are these documents available via the mobile app?
Currently, the Company Documents feature is not currently available via the mobile app; however, you can vote for this feature to be included in a future update of the JobNimbus mobile app via the following link: https://jobnimbus.uservoice.com/forums/136212-general/suggestions/17968381-access-to-company-documents-folder-on-mobile.
How do I restrict access to the Company Documents feature?
Access to the Company Documents feature (Documents via the Dashboard) can be restricted via the Access Profile level. To limit an Access Profiles rights to access Company Documents and private attachments, please see the following:
- From the JobNimbus web app as an Admin, proceed to the drop-down in the top-right of the page under your name.
- Select "Settings."
- From the left-hand column, select "Access Profiles."
- Find the desired Access Profile name and select the corresponding ellipsis (...).
- Select "Edit."
- Access to the Company Documents feature can be modified to provide the following levels of access to the feature: "No Access," "View" Access, "Create & Edit" Access, and "Delete" Access. All levels include the previous level of access moving from left-to-right.
- To add/remove access to private attachments, select/de-select the checkbox to the right of "Private Attachments and Notes."
- Once complete, select "Save."
- The Access Profile will be updated to all users with that Access Profile when either their web browsers refresh, they go to another page within the web app, or log out and log back in.
For more regarding the Access Profiles feature, please see the following support article: Access Profiles.