You can create a budget for your project from within your Contact's or Job's file to calculate your profits.
To create a Budget:
- Navigate to a Contact or Job record
- Select the Financials tab
- Click the blue +Add budget button at the top of the Budgets panel
This will pull up the Budget Builder.
In the Budget Builder, you can:
- Choose a price option for your budget to pull from, either by using an existing Estimate or manually entering the dollar amount.
- Learn how to Convert an Estimate into a Budget here.
- Adjust the date that the Budget was created.
- Add line items. These line items are pulled from your Products & Services, either by copying them over from an Estimate or manually adding them. Products & Services will use the price and cost you entered in to help build your budget. You are unable to add new products or services using Budgets, like you can when creating an Estimate, for example.
- Tip: To delete a line item from a Budget, hover over the field to reveal an X on the left side.
- Document Commissions to be paid out to your team members.
- Save your Budget so it records under the Financials tab of the record. You will then be directed to the Budget Viewer.
When adding a line item to your Budget, use the description field to enter your product or service. As you type in the product, a list of your products will populate from which you can choose.
You can then choose whether to use percentages or specific amounts to track your Budgets.
When adding a Commission, use the description field to enter in the commission details.
Choose percentages or a specific amount to track your Commissions in your Budgets and choose whether the Commission is a percent of the total price or percent of the gross profit. You can then choose who the commission will be paid out to, whether that be to no specific team member, the Sales Rep associated with the Job, or another specified team member.
After you have added the commission to your Budget, you can update the percentage and even from where the percentage pulls using the drop-down menu and choosing either Price or Gross Profit.
Learn about paying out Commissions here.