Templates can customize the design of your financial documents.
To access your templates:
- Click on your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Within the Settings menu, open the Templates tab.
To add a new template, click on Add Template in the top right and choose the template you wish to create from the drop-down menu.
To edit a template, click on the "Edit" button to the right of the template's title.
Adding or editing a template will pull up the Template Builder. When you first create an Estimate or Invoice template, you are offered the choice between different template designs, which change how your template looks.
In the Template Builder for financial documents, such as Estimates and Invoices, the builder is split into two sections.
The top section contains template information such as the template title and the title for the Customer Note Title.
You will also have the option to update what is shown both internally and externally, to your customer.
- Show Sales Rep Info - Reveals the assigned Sales Rep's information
- Show Name Column - Shows the column that contains the name of the product or service in the line items
- Show Description Column - Makes the description of the line item (product or service) visible
- Show Unit of Measure Column - Reveals the unit of measurement for the line item
- Show Cost Column - Shows the column with the cost to your company for the product or service
- Show Price Column - Shows the column with the price your customer is paying for the product or service
- Show Tax Column - Makes the tax information visible
- Show Amount Column - Reveals the total dollar amount for each product or service
In the bottom section of the Template Builder, you can modify the information in the various sections of the financial document. To make any changes, hover over the area and click inside the outlines shown. The box will grey out and show a dotted outline when hovering over it.
Clicking on an info box will pull up the content editor.
In the top pane of the content editor, you can change the way your font looks. You can also use the "Insert Template Field" drop-down to choose different fields to add information from your Contacts and Jobs. Once you are done editing the info box, click Save Changes.
Once you are done editing your template, click on the Save Template button.
If you need to duplicate the template after creating it, click on the 3 dots to the right of the template's title and select Duplicate.
Learn more about Template Fields here.