Material Orders can be designed right within JobNimbus to make it easy to order from your Suppliers.
To create a Material Order:
- Navigate to a Contact or Job page
- Open the Financials tab
- Click on the blue +Add Material Order
This opens the Material Order builder.
Here, you can:
- Choose an option to either pull information from an existing Estimate or manually enter your Products and Services.
- Choose a Design Template you have previously created in the Templates section of your Settings.
- Choose a Saved Material Order you have previously created to populate all of the saved information.
- Change the Material Order Date.
- Add line items. These line items are pulled from your Products & Services. If you have not yet added the line item in your Products & Services, you can click on "Add New Product", which will pull up a window to create and save the product in your Products & Services. While hovering over the line item, the options to delete that line item or add an image to the line item appear.
- Add another line item or a new section. Sections can help you separate your line items into specific groups.
- Add Special Instructions. These instructions will appear at the bottom of your Material Order under the Special Instructions title and are visible to your Supplier.
- Add an Internal Note. This note will appear in the Material Order description when you view it in JobNimbus and is only visible to your team.
- Save your Material Order as a template. This will allow you to save the Material Order, with all of its line items and totals, to be used later. When creating a Saved Material Order template, you will be prompted to give the template a name. Then, it will appear in the Saved Material Order drop-down for the next time you need to create the same document.
- Save your Material Order. This will take you to the document viewer, so you can see how it will look for your Suppliers. It will also be saved under the Material Orders panel within the Financials tab.