Material Orders can be designed right within JobNimbus to make it easy to order from your Suppliers.
Note: this is a feature that must first be enabled through your account settings.
To create a Material Order:
- Navigate to a Contact or Job record
- Open the Financials tab
- Click on the +Add material order button at the top of the "Material Orders" panel
This opens the Material Order builder.
Here, you can:
- Choose an option to either pull information from an existing Estimate or manually enter your Products and Services.
- Choose a Design Template you have previously created in the Templates section of your Settings.
- Choose a Saved Material Order you have previously created to populate saved line item information.
- Configure the Material Order Date.
- Enter line items.
- The information in these fields pull from your Products & Services. If you have not yet added the item to your Products & Services, you can click on "Add New Product", which will pull up a window to create and save the product to your account.
- While hovering over the line item, the options to delete that line item or add an image to the line item appear.
- Add another line item or a new section. Sections can help you separate your line items into specific groups.
- Add Special Instructions.
- These instructions will appear at the bottom of your Material Order under the "Special Instructions" title and are visible to your Supplier.
- Add an Internal Note.
- This note will appear in the Material Order description when you view it in JobNimbus and is only visible to your team.
- Save your Material Order as a template.
- This will allow you to save the Material Order, with all of its line items and totals, to be used later. When creating a Saved Material Order Template, you will be prompted to give the template a name. Then, it will appear in the Saved Material Order drop-down for the next time you need to create the same document.
- Save your Material Order.
- This will take you to the document viewer, so you can see how it will look for your Suppliers. It will also be saved under the related record's Financials tab.