Contacts & Jobs
Calendar & Tasks
Dashboard & Reports
How do I create an Automation to Change the Status of a Work Order and create a Task?
This Time-based Automation will change a Work Order's Status as well as create a Task after the Work Order has been in that Status for a certain number of days.
- Choose the "Time based" trigger type
- Select the "Work Order" trigger record
- Run this automation: "X" (Where X is the amount of time in Minutes, Hours, Days, Weeks, Months, or Years) "After" "Date Status Changed"
- Select +Add Condition
- If "Type" is equal to "Roof" (Workflow Types vary depending on your settings)
- Select +Add Condition again
- If "Status" is equal to "Assigned" (Status names may vary depending on your Workflow)
- Check the radial for "Require all conditions to be true"
- Select +Add Action
- Choose the "Create Task" Action
- Create your Task and choose the assignees, then click "Save"
- Select +Add Action again
- Choose the "Change Status" Action
- Select the appropriate Workflow Type and Status into which you want the Work Order to move.
- Save the Rule when you are finished
Check out this Webinar episode for more Work Order Automation tips and tricks!