- Help Center
- Automation Recipes
Learning & Training Resources
Contacts & Jobs
Calendar & Tasks
How Do I Create an Automation To Create a Task Based on the Completion of a Previous Task?
This Event-based Automation will automatically create a new Task once a Task of a different Type has been completed.
Prior to setup, create your custom Task Types.
- Choose the "Event based" trigger type
- Select the "Task" trigger record
- Choose when the record type is "Created or Modified"
- Select +Add Condition
- If "Is Complete" is "True"
- Check the box next to "Only if Is Completed is modified"
- Select +Add Condition again
- If Task Type is "[Select appropriate Type]"
- Check the radio for "Require all conditions to be true"
- Select +Add Action
- Choose the "Create Task" action
- Create your Task (giving it a Type that is different from the triggering Task's Type) and choose the assignees, then click "Save"
- Save the Automation when you are finished
Do not create an Automation in which the Condition and Action contain the same Task Type without including some other Condition(s), as well. Doing so will cause an "Automation Loop".