Contacts & Jobs
Calendar & Tasks
How do I create an Automation to Create a Task based on the Completion of a Previous Task?
This Event-based Automation will automatically create a new Task once a Task of a different Type has been completed.
Prior to setup, create your custom Task Types.
- Choose the "Event based" trigger type
- Select the "Task" trigger record
- Choose when the record type is "Created or Modified"
- Select +Add Condition
- If "Is Complete" is equal to "True"
- Check the box next to "Only if Is Completed is modified"
- Select +Add Condition again
- If Task Type is equal to "[Select appropriate Type]"
- Check the radial for "Require all conditions to be true"
- Select +Add Action
- Choose the "Create Task" action
- Create your Task (giving it a Type that is different from the triggering Task's Type) and choose the assignees, then click "Save"
- Save the Rule when you are finished
Note: Do not create an Automation in which the Condition and Action contain the same Task Type without some other Condition(s) being included, as well. Doing so will create an "Automation Loop".