Custom Fields allow you to add more information to your files in addition to the existing default fields.
This article outlines Contact-specific Custom Fields, but the same steps and rules apply for other types.
- Click on your profile icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- From the Settings menu, open the Contact Fields tab.
- Click the blue + Add contact field button.
- Name your field and associate it with one of the following types:
- Date - Allows you to select from the calendar or input a date using the m/d/yyyy format.
- Decimal - Add a number that includes decimal placement. You can also check the box next to “Display as currency?” so the amount that is plugged into the field includes a dollar sign.
- Number - Whole numbers. A comma will automatically be added to numbers larger than 999.
- Text - A string of text containing symbols, numbers, and letters.
- Boolean - Add a checkbox to indicate yes/no. A marked checkbox translates as “true”, an unmarked checkbox translates as “false”.
- Options List - Add a drop-down list with up to 50 options to choose from.
- Checking the box next to "Required" will not allow you to save the changes to the Contact until that field has been interacted with.
Manage your saved fields using the buttons to the right:
- Edit - Update the name or whether the field is required.
- You cannot change the type of field once it has been saved.
- Hide - If you no longer want the field to appear on a Contact's file, you can remove it from view at any time.
- Hiding a field will not delete any data that has been added if you choose to make it visible again.
- Delete - This will permanently remove the field, as well as any data that has been added to it from every single record.
- Lost data from these fields cannot be recovered once deleted.
- When editing or adding a Contact, you can interact with your newly created fields based on their assigned type.
- To change the order of the fields as they appear when editing or creating a Contact, simply drag and drop the rows within your settings as shown below:
- Deleting a Custom Field cannot be undone.
- Existing Default Fields of a record (i.e. Phone Number, Company, Address, etc.) cannot be made "Required".
- The maximum number of allotted Custom Fields for each type is 50.