- Before you Start
- Logging in
- Sorting and Filtering your Contact List
- Contact Activity
- Related Documents
- Contact Menu
- Do's and Don'ts
Do you need to access your Contacts and Jobs on the go? It could be difficult to pull up the website every single time you are out in the field. JobNimbus has the solution. With the use of JobNimbus's Mobile App, you can easily access all of your Contacts, Jobs, and tasks while out on the job.
The Mobile App is a great way you can use the JobNimbus App in the field. The Mobile App can be used to view, edit, and add Contacts and Jobs. You can also create estimates and add photos directly from your mobile device to your Contact and Jobs.
Here, you will go over how to use the Mobile App and all of the ins and outs of JobNimbus's app.
Before we Get Into it
Before you can start using the JobNimbus Mobile App in the field, you will first need to download the Mobile App from either the Google Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iOS devices. Open your local App Store and search for JobNimbus and install it. When searching for JobNimbus, look for the following title and icon:
Once the app is installed, you can start using it. Note: Before you can log in to the Mobile App, you will first need to log in to the Website Application at app.jobnimbus.com at least once.
Notifications are how JobNimbus communicates with you. You set up notifications in your My Info page on the Website Application. To learn how to set up your notifications, read our article here.
Once you have your notifications set up, you can update your mobile device's settings so you can receive your push notifications.
On your iOS device, open your notifications and click on JobNimbus. In your notifications section, you can customize how your JobNimbus notifications show up.
On your Android mobile device, go to your settings and select "Sounds and Notifications", then click on Application Notifications, choose JobNimbus, and customize how you receive JobNimbus notifications on your mobile device.
A lot of times, you will find yourself out in the field and won't be able to access the JobNimbus website. This is where the Mobile App comes in handy. While you are in the field, you can quickly add your notes, or upload a photo you just took to the appropriate Contact or Job.
As soon as you open the JobNimbus Mobile App, you will be taken to the Mobile App login screen. On the login screen, you can enter your name and password. If you have forgotten your password, you can click on "forgot your password? and enter your email address to continue.
If you need any kind of help from the login screen, click on the circle with the "i". This will take you to the help screen where you can send an email or call in.
Note: When emailing support, please remember to include your login email address, name, and description of your issue. This way our support representatives will be best able to help resolve your issue.
When you log in to the JobNimbus app, you will first be taken to your Tasks view. The Tasks view is considered your home page
On the Tasks page, you can:
- View your tasks and see which ones are coming up and which are overdue. Clicking on a single task will pull up its information.
- Create a new task.
- Change the view from Incomplete to Complete tasks.
- Use the main menu to access all the other pages in the mobile app.
The task list only shows tasks up to 30 days before the current date. If a task complete or incomplete is older than 30 days, it will not show on the task list.
Clicking on a single task will bring up that particular task's information.
In the task information, you can:
- Mark the task complete.
- Access the Contact or Job linked to the task. Clicking on the Contact or Job will take you to the linked Contact's or Job's page.
- Call the Contact. Clicking on the phone button will bring up a list of numbers associated with the related contact and then take you to your device's phone application to finish the operation.
- Message the Contact. Clicking on the message button will bring up a list of numbers associated with the related contact and then take you to your device's message application to finish the operation.
- Access the main menu for the task. This menu allows you to edit or delete the task.
- View the location on a map. Clicking on the map button will take you to your device's map application to finish the operation.
- Use the camera to take a picture and upload it to the task.
- Email the Contact. Clicking on the email button will take you to your device's email application to finish the operation.
The main menu can be accessed at the bottom of every page in the app. From the main menu, you can access your tasks via Home, Contacts, Jobs, and Calendar. By clicking on More, you can access your information and log out of the Mobile App.
Selecting "Contacts" from the main menu will bring you to your Contacts list. Note: Your Jobs list will look the same.
From the Contacts list, you can:
- Sort and Filter your Contacts list. You can use this to see specific Contacts and customize how the list is arranged.
- Add a new Contact. This will pull up a window for you to add in the Contact's details and information.
- Search for a specific Contact.
- View your Contacts. Clicking on a specific Contact will take you to that Contact's Activity and Details.
- Access the main menu.
Sort and Filter
To Sort and Filter your Contacts or Jobs, click on the icon with the 3 bars in a funnel shape in the top right corner. This will bring up your Sort and Filter options.
In the top half of the options, you can choose how your Contacts or Jobs are arranged in the list. In the bottom half, you can click on the options arrow to choose filters to customize which Contacts or Jobs are seen.
Clicking on a contact's name will pull up that Contact's activity.
In the Contact's Activity, you can:
- Return to your contacts list.
- View the contact's related documents, photos, and tasks.
- Update the contact's status. Clicking on this will only show the statuses from the workflow type the contact is in.
- Choose to view the contact's details.
- Choose to view the contact's activity.
- View the information in the contact's details or activity, depending on the tab you are in.
- Call the Contact. Clicking on the phone button will bring up a list of numbers associated with the Contact and then take you to your device's phone application to finish the operation.
- Text message the Contact. Clicking on the message button will bring up a list of numbers associated with the Contact and then take you to your device's message application to finish the operation.
- Access the main menu for your Contact. This menu allows you to add tasks and documents to the contact, among other things.
- View the Contact's location on a map. Clicking on the map button will take you to your device's map application to finish the operation.
- Use the camera to take a picture and upload it to the contact's file.
- Access the main menu.
Related Documents and Tasks
Clicking on the icons in the upper left corner will pull up the related documents and tasks.
In the Related Documents window, you can:
- Search for a specific task or document related to the contact.
- Choose a related category to view.
- View the documents and tasks related to the contact.
Each icon will tell you how many documents or tasks you have in each category.
Clicking on the 3 dots at the bottom of the screen will pull up the Contact's main menu.
In the main menu, you can:
- Open your camera to take a photo to upload to the contact. This will take you to your device's camera so you can take photo. This will then allow you to save the photo to JobNimbus, and even add a caption to the photo.
- Add a photo from your phone to the contact. Note: This file must be an image file. You cannot upload a PDF file.
- Collect a payment. Note: In order to use this option, you will need to mark "Start Accepting Payments" or ask an Admin on your JobNimbus team to enable the feature.
- Edit the contact's information. Note: This is where you can update the contact's status.
- Add a contact.
- Add a job. Note: This option will only be available if Jobs is enabled.
- Add a note. This option will pull up the New Note window, which will allow you to choose the Note Type, mark the note as private, and save the note to your contact.
- Add a task. This will bring you to the Create Task window.
- Create an estimate. This will pull up the Estimate Builder.
- Create an invoice. This will pull up the Invoice Builder.
- Create a material order. This will pull up the Material Order Builder.
- Create a work order. This will pull up the Work Order Builder. Note: This option will only be available if the work orders feature is enabled.
- Create a document. This will pull up the Create Document window where you can either create a document or choose from a template you have already created.
- Delete the contact.
Selecting "Calendar" from the menu, will bring up your Calendar.
In your Calendar, you can:
- If you have access to view multiple team members' calendars, you can choose whose calendar to view.
- Change the shown date range for your tasks.
- Create a new task.
- View your calendar. You can update which day, week, or month you are viewing. Clicking on a day will bring up that day's tasks in the details section.
- View your tasks. Clicking on a task will pull up the task's information.
- Access the main menu.
You can receive push notifications on your mobile device. These notifications can be updated in your Notification Preferences on the Web App. To access those in the Web App, click on your name in the top right corner and select "My Info" from the drop-down menu.
To ensure that you receive your notifications on your mobile device, make sure you allow notifications from JobNimbus in your mobile device's settings. To learn more about My Info and your Notification Preferences, read more in our Communication article.
- Why can I not see any of my Contacts in the Contacts list?
Try clearing your filters. Click on the icon in the upper right corner that looks like 3 bars in the shape of a funnel. In the Sort & Filter window, click on "Clear Filters" in the Filters header.
How do I call the customer from the Job info on the mobile app?
Why do I not see all of the tasks on the Mobile App that are on the Web App?
- I just downloaded the Mobile App for the first time, but can't login. What is happening?
Before you login to your Mobile App, you must first login to your Web App at least once. You can login to the Web App at app.jobnimbus.com.
Still have a few questions about your Mobile App? Contact Support at (855) 964-6287 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great idea to help us improve our Mobile App? Recommend features and vote for requests at JobNimbus Feedback!