- Before you Start
- Logging in
- Sorting and Filtering your Contact List
- Contact Activity
- Related Documents
- Contact Menu
- Do's and Don'ts
Do you need to access your Contacts and Jobs on the go? It could be difficult to pull up the website every single time you are out in the field. JobNimbus has the solution. With the use of JobNimbus's Mobile App, you can easily access all of your Contacts, Jobs, and tasks while out on the job.
The Mobile App is a great way you can use the JobNimbus App in the field. The Mobile App can be used to view, edit, and add Contacts and Jobs. You can also create estimates and add photos directly from your mobile device to your Contact and Jobs.
Here, you will go over how to use the Mobile App and all of the ins and outs of JobNimbus's app.
Before we Get Into it
Before you can start using the JobNimbus Mobile App in the field, you will first need to download the Mobile App from either the Google Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iOS devices. Open your local App Store and search for JobNimbus and install it. When searching for JobNimbus, look for the following title and icon:
Once the app is installed, you can start using it. Note: Before you can log in to the Mobile App, you will first need to log in to the Website Application at app.jobnimbus.com at least once.
Notifications are how JobNimbus communicates with you. You set up notifications in your My Info page on the Website Application. To learn how to set up your notifications, read our article here.
Once you have your notifications set up, you can update your mobile device's settings so you can receive your push notifications.
On your iOS device, open your notifications and click on JobNimbus. In your notifications section, you can customize how your JobNimbus notifications show up.
On your Android mobile device, go to your settings and select "Sounds and Notifications", then click on Application Notifications, choose JobNimbus, and customize how you receive JobNimbus notifications on your mobile device.
A lot of times, you will find yourself out in the field and won't be able to access the JobNimbus website. This is where the Mobile App comes in handy. While you are in the field, you can quickly add your notes, or upload a photo you just took to the appropriate Cotnact or Job.
As soon as you open the JobNimbus Mobile App, you will be taken to the Mobile App login screen. In the login screen, you can enter your name and password. If you have forgotten your password, you can click on "forgot your password? and enter your email address to continue.
If you need any kind of help from the login screen, click on the circle with the "i". This will take you to the help screen where you can send an email or call in.
Note: When emailing support, please remember to include your login email address,name, and description of your issue. This way our support representatives will be best able to help resolve your issue.
When you login to the JobNimbus app, you will first be taken to your Tasks view.
In the Tasks page, you can:
- Click on the 3 lines in the upper left corner to bring up your Main Menu.
- View your tasks and see which ones are coming up and which are overdue. Clicking on a single task will pull up its information.
- Create a new task. Clicking on this button will take you to the Calendar page.
- Change the view from Incomplete to Complete tasks.
The task list only shows tasks up to 30 days before the current date. If a task complete or incomplete is older than 30 days, it will not show on the task list.
Clicking on a single task will bring up that particular task's information.
In the task information, you can:
- Mark the task as complete.
- Access the Contact or Job linked to the task. Clicking on the Contact or Job will take you to the linked Contact's or Job's page.
- Call the Contact. Clicking on the phone button will bring up a list of numbers associated with the related contact and then take you to your device's phone application to finish the operation.
- View the location on a map. Clicking on the map button will take you to your device's map application to finish the operation.
- Access the main menu for the task. This menu allows you to edit or delete the task.
- Message the Contact. Clicking on the message button will bring up a list of numbers associated with the related contact and then take you to your device's message application to finish the operation.
- Email the Contact. Clicking on the email button will take you to your device's email application to finish the operation.
From the main menu, you can access your Tasks, Contacts, Jobs, and Calendars. You can also log out of the Mobile App.
Selecting "Contacts" from the main menu will bring you to your Contacts list. Note: Your Jobs list will look the same.
From the Contacts list, you can:
- Add a new Contact. This will pull up a window for you to add in the Contact's details and information.
- Sort and Filter your Contacts list. You can use this to see specific Contacts and customize how the list is arranged.
- Search for a specific Contact.
- View your Contacts. Clicking on a specific Contact will take you to that Contact's Activity and Details.
Sort and Filter
To Sort and Filter your Contacts or Jobs, click on the icon with the 3 bars in a funnel shape in the top right corner. This will bring up your Sort and Filter options.
In the top half of the options, you can choose how your Contacts or Jobs are arranged in the list. In the bottom half, you can choose different filters to customize which Contacts or Jobs are seen.
Clicking on a contact's name will pull up that Contact's activity.
In the Contact's Activity, you can:
- Return to your Contacts list.
- Update the Contact's status. Clicking on this will only show the statuses from the workflow type the Contact is in.
- View the Contact's related documents, photos, and tasks.
- Choose to view the Contact's activity.
- Choose to view the Contact's details.
- View the information in the Contact's Activity.
- Call the Contact. Clicking on the phone button will bring up a list of numbers associated with the Contact and then take you to your device's phone application to finish the operation.
- View the Contact's location on a map. Clicking on the map button will take you to your device's map application to finish the operation.
- Access the main menu for your Contact. This menu allows you to add tasks and documents to the contact, among other things.
- Text message the Contact. Clicking on the message button will bring up a list of numbers associated with the Contact and then take you to your device's message application to finish the operation.
- Email the Contact. Clicking on the email button will take you to your device's email application to finish the operation.
Related Documents and Tasks
Clicking on the icons in the upper left corner will pull up the related documents and tasks.
In the Related Documents window, you can:
- Search for a specific task or document related to the Contact.
- View all of your documents and tasks related to the Contact.
- View tasks related to the Contact.
- View photos related to the Contact.
- View documents related to the Contact.
- View estimates related to the Contact.
- View material orders related to the Contact.
- View invoices related to the Contact.
Each icon will tell you how many documents or tasks you have in each category.
Signing a Document using the Mobile App
You can use the Mobile App to electronically sign your documents. To sign a specific document, select on the document from the list in the Related Documents section of your Contact or Job. Then, select "Add Signature" from the drop-down menu.
You then, select the option to choose who will be signing the document. You may also manually type in the name if the signee is not a related contact, assignee, or sales representative related to the parent record (contact/job). Once you have selected a desired signee, click the "Sign Now" button at the bottom of the page.
This will take you to the screen where you can rotate your phone to landscape mode and the signee can sign their name.
On this page, the signee can sign their name, and then click on "Accept Signature" to finish the signature process.
Selecting the details view will bring up the details and information of your Contact.
Clicking on the information, such as the address will bring up your phone's map application to show you the Contact's location.
Clicking on the phone number will show options to call, send a text message, or copy the number to your clipboard. Choosing "Call" or "Send SMS" will pull up your phone's related application to finish the operation.
Clicking on the 3 dots at the bottom of the screen will pull up the Contact's main menu.
In the main menu, you can:
- Open your camera to take a photo to upload to the Contact. This will take you to your device's camera so you can take photo. This will then allow you to save the photo to JobNimbus, and even add a caption to the photo.
- Add a photo from your phone to the Contact. Note: This file must be an image file. You cannot upload a PDF file.
- Collect a Payment. Note: In order to use this option, you will need to mark "Start Accepting Payments" or ask an Admin on your JobNimbus team to enable the feature.
- Edit the Contact's information.
- Add a Contact.
- Add a Job. Note: This option will only be available if Jobs is enabled.
- Add a Note. This option will pull up the New Note window, which will allow you to choose the Note Type, mark the Note as Private, and save the Note to your Contact.
- Add a Task. This will bring you to the Create Task window.
- Create an Estimate. This will pull up the Estimate Builder.
- Create an Invoice. This will pull up the Invoice Builder.
- Create a Material Order. This will pull up the Material Order Builder.
- Create a Work Order. This will pull up the Work Order Builder. Note: This option will only be available if the Work Orders feature is enabled.
- Create a Document. This will pull up the Create Document window where you can either create a document or choose from a template you have already created.
- Delete the Contact.
Selecting "Calendar" from the menu, will bring up your Calendar.
In your Calendar, you can:
- Add a new task.
- Change the shown date range for your tasks.
- Change the view of your calendar from day, week, month, or agenda.
- View your tasks. Clicking on a task will pull up the task's information.
You can receive push notifications on your mobile device. These notifications can be updated in your Notification Preferences on the Web App. To access those in the Web App, click on your name in the top right corner and select "My Info" from the drop-down menu.
To ensure that you receive your notifications on your mobile device, make sure you allow notifications from JobNimbus in your mobile device's settings. To learn more about My Info and your Notification Preferences, read more in our article about Communication.
Do's and Don'ts
- Log into JobNimbus website before logging into your mobile app.
- Uncheck the checkbox labeled "Exclude system activity from mobile devices" in access profiles, as this will slow down the mobile app.
- Why can I not see any of my Contacts in the Contacts list?
Try clearing your filters. Click on the icon in the upper right corner that looks like 3 bars in the shape of a funnel. In the Sort & Filter window, click on "Clear Filters" in the Filters header.
How do I call the customer from the Job info on the mobile app?
Why do I not see all of the tasks on the Mobile App that are on the Web App?
- I just downloaded the Mobile App for the first time, but can't login. What is happening?
Before you login to your Mobile App, you must first login to your Web App at least once. You can login to the Web App at app.jobnimbus.com.
- I am having issues with my Mobile App sync. It stays on the Standby for Productivity screen and doesn't update. How can I fix this?
If there is no progress for several minutes and the progress slider appears frozen, close the app and relaunch it. Do not worry, this will not corrupt the syncing data. However, if the app has remained open with a stable internet connection for at least 30 minutes without any progress even after you have restarted the app, please contact Support via email or phone.
- I am having issues with my Mobile App sync. It stays on the Rebuilding Database screen and doesn't update. How can I fix this?
If you have waited a few hours and still can’t log in, please restart the app and try again. For an individual who is having login issues, you may try changing from one Access Profile and moving them back (in the web app). For multiple users, you may need to update your Access Profiles in the web app by checking the "Exclude system activity" checkbox which will force a database rebuild. If you’re still unable to log in after restarting the app, please call or email Support for further troubleshooting and help.
Still have a few questions about your Mobile App? Contact Support at (855) 964-6287 or via email at email@example.com.
Have a great idea to help us improve our Mobile App? Recommend features and vote for requests at JobNimbus Feedback!