An estimate may not be syncing for a variety of reasons. First look at the error message located on the financial record. Read what the error message says by selecting "Why?". If there is no error and it doesn't say "synced with QuickBooks No/Why?", then there is a good chance your sync is not setup.
Go to your Quickbooks settings to make sure it says estimates/invoices are syncing. Check your contact workflows to make sure the contact is in a status that syncs. Make sure the contact is syncing and if the estimate/invoice is created on a job make sure that is syncing as well. Check that the contact is not made inactive in Quickbooks.
Reasons an estimate or invoice is not syncing:
- Sync is not set up
- Contact or Job not syncing
- Not in a status that syncs
- On initial setup, date excluded (Quickbooks Desktop only)
- Products not syncing within invoice
- Conflict in estimate/invoice numbers
1. Sync is not set up:
If the sync is not set up the estimate/invoice will not have the line "Synced to Quickbooks". To set up the sync make sure you have watched the videos on connecting the sync.
Sync that has not been set up:
Check settings on the Quickbooks tab to see what is set up to sync.
2. Contact or Job not syncing:
Since much of what syncs is in a hierarchy. The records above it must sync. If a estimate/invoice was created on a job, then the job and the contact need to sync. Check the "parent" records above it (contact/job). Common reasons are that they are not yet in a status that syncs. See article for additional reasons why a contact is not syncing.
3. Not in a status that syncs
In general, unless you have specified on setup. Estimates or invoices in "draft" status will not sync to Quickbooks.
For Quickbooks Desktop only:
- Settings Quickbooks
- Estimates/Invoices "manage"
- Check off Sync Draft
Edit the status and it should sync on the next cycle if you retry the error.
- Select the ellipse
- Select "change status"
- Choose a status other than draft
4. On initial setup, date exclusion (Quickbooks Desktop only)
If you have an invoice/estimate that is outside of the date range it will be excluded from the sync. This will occur depending on how many months were chosen when the sync was set up. If you edit and save the invoice and retry the error it should sync on the next cycle.
5. Products not syncing within estimate/invoice:
Products that are not syncing will prevent an invoice from syncing. If you have an estimate/invoice with ten products and one product is not syncing it will prevent the entire invoice from syncing. Each product on the invoice must sync.
A common issue is to have two products with identical names. One product is not syncing and the other is. If an invoice/estimate was made with a non-syncing product, edit the invoice/estimate, select the product again, adjust the price and save. The invoice should sync on the next sync cycle.
- Look at the error on the invoice to find product name
- Go to Products and Services in Settings
- Select "Both" from the drop-down
- Search for the product to check it's sync status
- Return to the invoice and re-select the product if needed
Common reasons why a product is not syncing:
- Quickbooks Desktop limits product names to 32 characters. Product name is longer than 32 characters.
- Product has no name. If product has a description but no name in Quickbooks, the product will not sync to JobNimbus. Use the "customer note" section in JobNimbus for notes on the record instead.
- Product was deleted or made inactive in Quickbooks
- Product is a duplicate. The name should be used only once. Choose the product you want to keep and make the other product hidden in JobNimbus. Edit all invoices to make sure they have the correct product.
6. Conflict in estimate/invoice numbers
If an estimate or invoice in Quickbooks exists with the same number there will be an error. In general settings you may choose what number estimates and invoices start at to avoid conflicts in numbering.
Sample issue for an invoice:
- Change the ID number at which invoices start at in settings.
- Convert the invoice to an estimate
- Convert it again back to an invoice
- Delete the original that won't be able to sync due to an existing number.
- The newly created invoice should now sync with a newly assigned number