To get started, head over to your Settings > Products & Services tab.
- Click on the +Add product or service button
This will pull up the "Add Product" window.
Here, you can:
- Name your product or service.
- Give your product or service a description.
- Choose the appropriate unit of measurement. To create a new unit, type in the drop-down menu and hit enter.
- Enter a cost. This is the amount your product or service costs your company.
- Enter a price. This is the amount your customer will pay for the product or service.
- Choose if your product or service needs a variation. This can be a variation in cost, price, and unit type.
- Save the product or service.
Once you click Save, the product or service will be added to your list in alphabetical order. You can use the filter drop-down to view all of your products, only those that are visible, or products that are hidden. Use the search bar to locate any item in the list.
Products & Services cannot be deleted; you will need to "hide" them if you no longer want them to be used.
If you need to duplicate a product or service for any reason, click on the 3 dots to the right of the item and select "Duplicate" from the action menu.
Note: only team members who have access to Settings will be able to create or manage the Products & Services on your account.
- Can I create a Custom Report for my Products and Services?
- No, these items cannot be pulled into a report.
- Can I manage my Products and Services in bulk?
- At this time, there is not a way to bulk-edit or import/export Products and Services. If this is a feature you'd like to see in a future update, let us know by adding your vote through our feedback page!
- Can I import Products and Services through QuickBooks Online?
- Yes, if you have an active QuickBooks Online account integrated by a two-way sync, you can import a list of Products into your QBO account, which you can then access from JobNimbus. Check out this Knowledge Base article for steps on how to do so.
- What about importing through QuickBooks Desktop?
- While you cannot import a list of Products into your QBD account the way you can with a QBO account, you can copy a large list from a file and "paste" it into QBD, which will then allow you to sync the items to JobNimbus. The integration must be set up as a two-way sync. See QuickBooks' Knowledge Base article for more information.