Contacts & Jobs
Calendar & Tasks
How do I create an Event-based Automation?
To add a new Event-based Automation Rule:
- Click on your Profile Icon or initials in the top right corner
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu
- Within the Settings menu, open the Automation tab
- Click the blue +Add rule button
This will bring up the following window:
Here, you can:
- Name your Rule. Be as descriptive as possible so it's easy to locate in your list of Rules.
- Select the Trigger type by choosing "Event-based" from the drop-down menu.
- Update the Triggering Record.
- You can choose between Contact, Job, Task, Work Order, Material Order, Payment, Attachment, or Activity. Each Type will allow for different Conditions to specify how the Automation will trigger.
- Specify what should cause the Automation to run.
- You can use this drop-down menu to choose between when the record is either Created, Modified, Created or Modified, or Deleted.
- Add a Condition.
- The system will look to make sure these Conditions are met in order for the Automation to trigger. For example, you can add a Condition for when a Contact's "Status is equal to Lead". When a Contact is in that Status, the Automation will have permission to trigger.
- Add an Action.
- This is what is being executed once the Conditions of the Rule have been met. For example, once the Contact is in the Lead status, a Task will be created and assigned to the Sales Rep, telling them to follow up with the Contact.
- Save your Automation Rule.