Company Documents can be used to store documents you send to all of your clients as well as files your team needs to access easily
To enable Company Documents:
- Click on your profile icon or initials in the top right corner
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu
- From the Settings menu on the left, open the Features tab
- Toggle the switch next to Company Documents
Enabling this feature unlocks a new option in your profile menu. To access your Company Documents, select Documents from the Company section of your profile menu.
Documents on this page are accessible to anyone with the correct access permissions. Documents can be stored here for your internal team, or for easy access to send to your clients.
To upload files, click on the +Upload Document button.
In the Add Attachment window, you can:
- Browse your computer for a file to upload.
- Choose a category for the attachment you upload.
- To create additional category options, click on your name in the top right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu. Then, select "Attachment Categories" from the left-side navigation menu. In your Attachment Categories tab, you can add categories by clicking on the "Add Attachment Category" button in the top right corner.
- Write a description for the file. This description will appear under the attachment's title.
- Mark the attachment as private.
- Private attachments will only be seen by team members who have permission via your Access Profile settings.
- Save your attachment. This will upload and save the file to your Company Documents.
Emailing Company Documents
To attach a Company Document to an email:
- Navigate to a Contact record
- Select the +Send Email button located under the Activity tab
- In the email builder window, scroll down until you see the link to Add Attachments
- Click on the Company Documents tab to pull up all of the files you have uploaded to your Company Documents folder. You can then choose which attachment(s) to include in your email and send to your clients.
The Company Documents feature is meant as a storage feature. Documents uploaded to Company Documents cannot be further edited once they are uploaded.
If you attach a document from your Company Documents in an email, the document becomes “un-deleteable".