Contacts & Jobs
Calendar & Tasks
Dashboard & Reports
How do I create an API Key?
An API (or Application Program Interface) is a set of protocols, rules, tools, or definitions for building application software.
The API Key is a name given for a secret token that is submitted alongside a web service to identify the origin of the request. If the request is identified, then it acts as an authentication and provides a set of access rights.
To access the integrations we offer that utilize an API token or key:
- Click on your profile icon or initials in the top right corner
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu
- From the Settings menu on the left, open the API tab
On this page, you can create an API Key by clicking on the blue New API Key button in the top right corner.
This will pull up the following:
Here, you can:
- Select a third-party software from the drop-down menu under the Description column. If there is not an option that is included in our integrations web page, you can manually type the name into the drop-down menu field and it will be added to your account. The available options you can choose are:
- Hail Trace
- One Click Contractor
- ScopeTechnologies / RoofScope
- Assign an Access Profile to the API key
- Save the API integration
An API Key will then populate on the left side. You can copy the token and use it in the third-party software to complete the integration.