- Enabling Company Documents
- Accessing Company Documents
- Uploading Company Documents
- Emailing your Company Documents
- Do's and Don'ts
JobNimbus has included a place for you to keep documents every team member can quickly and easily access. You can use this area to access internal documents for your team. You can also house documents in this folder to easily access them to send to your clients.
This means that you can create pamphlets of the products you offer, upload it to your Company Documents for easy accessibility when sending emails to your Contacts.
Here, we will go over how to enable and use the Company Documents feature as well as access the documents uploaded to this folder when sending emails.
Before we Get into it
Enabling Company Documents
To use Company Documents, you will need to enable the feature. To enable the feature, click on your name in the top right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu. From your settings, select "Features" from the menu on the left, and then click on the "Enable" button to the right in the Company Documents row.
Company Documents is a great feature for storing internal documents in a digital space that all of your team members can access. These documents can be used to send to your Contacts or Jobs, and if there are any documents that you need to store for quick access within your company, you can store them within your Company Documents.
Accessing your Company Documents
Enabling Company Documents unlocks a new option in your Dashboard menu, "Documents". To access your Company Documents, select "Documents" from that menu.
Uploading Documents to Company Documents
Selecting Company Documents will open your Company Documents page. This is where all of the documents your company uses internally are stored for quick access and to send too your contacts and jobs.
To upload any of your documents, click on the "Upload Document" button. This will bring up the Add Attachment window.
In the Add Attachment window, you can:
- Browse your computer for an attachment to upload to JobNimbus.
- Choose a category for the attachment you upload.
To create attachment categories, click on your name in the top right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu. Then, select "Attachment Categories" from the left side navigation menu. In your Attachment Categories tab, you can add categories by clicking on the "Add Attachment Category" button in the top right corner.
- Write a description for the attachment. This description will appear under the attachment's title in your company documents.
- Mark the attachment as private. Private attachments will only be seen by team members with correct permission in their access profiles. To learn more about access profiles, read our article here.
- Save your attachment. This will upload your document and save it to your company documents.
Attaching Company Documents to your Emails
You can attach your Company Documents to the emails you send to your clients. To attach a Company Document to your emails, you will first need to create an email to send.
There are two ways to send an email to your customers.
- Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner of the customer's information panel and select "Send Email" from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the "Add Note" button in the Activity Pane, and then change the Type to "Email".
This will pull up the Send Email window.
After creating your email, scroll down the window until you see the link to Add Attachments.
Click on the Company Documents tab to pull up all of the documents you have uploaded to your Company Documents folder. You can then choose which document or documents you want to attach to your email and send to your clients.
Do's and Don'ts
- Store internal documents that aren't shared with customers in Company Documents.
- Store documents and photos you want to share with multiple customers.
- Store documents you want to share with only one customer in Company Documents.
- Some of my team members can't see company documents. Why?
- Can I edit/collaborate with others using the Company Documents feature on the web app?
- Are these documents available via the mobile app?
- How do I restrict access to the Company Documents feature?