- Enabling Company Documents
- Accessing Company Documents
- Uploading Company Documents
- Do's and Don'ts
Keep all of the documents you need for your team members in one area so they can quickly access them.
Before we Get into it
Enabling Company Documents
To use Company Documents, you will need to enable the feature. To enable the feature, click on your name in the top right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu. From your settings, select "Features" from the menu on the left, and then click on the "Enable" button to the right in the Company Documents row.
Company Documents is a great feature for storing internal documents in a digital space that all of your team members can access. These documents cannot be used to send to your Contacts or Jobs, but if there are any documents that you need to store for quick access within your company, you can store them within your Company Documents.
Accessing your Company Documents
Enabling Company Documents unlocks a new option in your Dashboard menu, "Documents". To access your Company Documents, select "Documents" from that menu.
Uploading Documents to Company Documents
Selecting Company Documents will open your Company Documents page. This is where all of the documents that your company uses internally are stored.
To upload any of your documents, click on the "Upload Document" button. This will bring up the Add Attachment window.
In the Add Attachment window, you can:
- Browse your computer for an attachment to upload to JobNimbus.
- Choose a category for the attachment you upload.
To create attachment categories, click on your name in the top right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu. Then, select "Attachment Categories" from the left side navigation menu. In your Attachment Categories tab, you can add categories by clicking on the "Add Attachment Category" button in the top right corner.
- Write a description for the attachment. This description will appear under the attachment's title in your company documents.
- Mark the attachment as private. Private attachments will only be seen by team members with correct permission in their access profiles. To learn more about access profiles, read our article here.
- Save your attachment. This will upload your document and save it to your company documents.
Do's and Don'ts
- Store internal documents that aren't shared with customers in Company Documents.
- Store documents you want to share with customers in Company Documents.
- Some of my team members can't see company documents. Why?
- Can I edit/collaborate with others using the Company Documents feature on the web app?
- Are these documents available via the mobile app?
- How do I restrict access to the Company Documents feature?