Contacts & Jobs
Calendar & Tasks
Dashboard & Reports
Can I create Custom Fields for Work Orders?
Customize your Work Orders by including additional fields.
Before you can create Custom Fields, ensure the Work Orders feature is enabled. Learn more in this article.
To create custom Work Order fields:
- Click on your Profile Icon or initials in the top right corner
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu
Within the Settings menu, open the Work Order Fields tab
- Click the blue +Add work order field button
This will pull up the following window:
Here, you can:
- Give your field a name.
- Choose a field type. The different available types are as follows:
- Date - Allows you to select from the calendar or input a date using the m/d/yyyy format
- Decimal - Add a number that includes decimal placement. You can also check the box next to “Display as currency?” so the amount that is plugged into the field includes a dollar sign.
- Number - Whole numbers. A comma will automatically be added to numbers larger than 999.
- Text - A string of text containing symbols, numbers, and letters.
- Boolean - Add a checkbox to indicate yes/no. A marked checkbox translates as “true”, an unmarked checkbox translates as “false”.
- Options List - Add a drop-down list with up to 50 options to choose from.
- Mark the Work Order field as required. Checking this box will not allow you to save the changes to the Work Order until that field has been interacted with.
Each of these options will appear in the top portion of your Work Order when creating it. You can edit the information at any time by clicking on the three dots to the right of your Work Order and selecting "Edit" from the drop-down menu.
Learn more about Custom Fields and their limitations here.