To enable Template Questions:
- Click on your profile icon or initials in the top right corner
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu
- Within the Settings menu, open the Features tab
- Toggle the switch next to Template Questions
To create a set of Template Questions:
- Open the Template Questions tab on the lefthand side
- Click on the blue +Add template question list button
The following pop-up will appear:
Name your Template Question List and click on the blue +Add template question list button. The list will then appear on your Template Questions page.
To add questions to your list:
- Click on the 3 dots to the right of the list name
- Select "Manage Questions" from the menu
This will bring up the "Manage Questions" window.
- Click on +Add question
This will bring up the following window:
In the "Add Question" pop-up, you can:
- Add the question you will need to answer for your document template.
- Choose the type of answer for your question. The "types" of answers you can choose are:
- Decimal. This is a number that includes a decimal point.
- Number. This is a whole number.
- Text. This can include a combination of words, numbers, and symbols.
- Boolean. This will give you a checkbox to indicate "yes" or "no".
- Save the question to your template list.
Saving the question will add it to your Template Question list.
After you have added your questions, you can:
- Mark the question as either visible or hidden.
- All template questions show and are available to answer when creating documents using a document template unless they are marked as "hidden". Hidden template questions will only show when creating a document if that specific template question field has been added to the document template. If a template question has been answered, but the template question field was not added to the document template, the answer will not be added to your document.
- Pull up the drop-down menu for the question. The options in the drop-down are Edit and Delete.
- Close the Template Question list window.
After you have created your list of questions, you can add them to a Document Template. Click here to learn more!