- Sync with your Google Calendar
- Sync with iCal or Outlook Calendars
- Task Types
- Accessing your Calendar
- Creating Tasks
- Viewing your Tasks
- Record Scheduling
- Do's and Don'ts
The calendar feature is a great way to add and manage your team's appointments. Creating tasks with the calendar feature will help you work better with your team members. As an admin, you will be able to see all of your team members' tasks in one place.
JobNimbus makes using your calendar even easier through the use of specific calendar integrations. You can integrate your JobNimbus calendar with your other calendars, such as Google Calendar and iCal, to make managing your appointments that much easier.
Here, we will talk about how to sync your JobNimbus calendar with your 3rd party calendars, how to create task types to organize the different tasks that you add to your calendar, and how to add tasks and manage your JobNimbus calendar.
Before we get into it
Before you start using the calendar function, figure how you will use the calendar. Decide if you will only use the JobNimbus calendar or if you will sync your calendar with a 3rd party to help manage your tasks. Syncing your calendar to a 3rd party calendar, JobNimbus will only sync your tasks and will not sync your Contacts, Jobs, Material Orders, or Work Orders.
Syncing to Google Calendar:
To sync your JobNimbus calendar with Google, go to your My Info, by clicking on your name in the top right corner and selecting "My Info". In your My Info window, scroll down to the Google Calendar Sync section, and click on "Enable Google Calendar Sync".
Follow the prompts to connect to your Google account. JobNimbus will then open a window with a drop-down menu of email addresses for you to choose how you would like to sync with your JobNimbus calendar.
The ways you can sync with your Google calendar are:
- 2-way sync for ONLY JobNimbus Tasks - This will allow tasks created in JobNimbus to be synced to your Google calendar and changes made to your tasks in either calendar will sync to the other, although events created in Google calendar will NOT sync to JobNimbus
- 2-way sync for both JobNimbus Tasks AND Google Calendar Events - This will allow tasks created in JobNimbus and events created in Google calendar to be synced in both directions as well as any changes made to them in either calendar.
- 1-way sync for ONLY JobNimbus Tasks - This will allow tasks created in JobNimbus to be synced with Google calendar, but only changes made in JobNimbus will sync over to Google Calendar. You will not be able to make changes in Google calendar and have those changes sync with JobNimbus.
Syncing with a 3rd party Calendar:
To sync with another calendar, such as iCal or Outlook, go to your My Info, by clicking on your name in the top right corner and selecting "My Info". In your My Info window, scroll down to the Calendar Subscription section, and follow the instructions provided.
The sync with Outlook and iCal are one way from JobNimbus to the 3rd party calendar.
Syncing with Outlook
Copy the URL link in the Calendar Subscription of your "My Info" page. This URL is personal to your account and calendar.
After you have copied your personal URL, open your Outlook calendar and go to your Home. On the left side of the screen, right click on My Calendars and then hover over "Add Calendar" in the drop-down menu, and then select "From Internet".
This will bring up a new window for you to add a calendar subscription. Paste the copied URL in the text field and click the "OK" button.
Your JobNimbus and Outlook calendars are now synced.
Syncing with iCal
Copy the URL link in the Calendar Subscription of your "My Info" page. This URL is personal to your account and calendar.
After you have copied your personal URL, and paste the URL to an email you send to yourself. Open the email on your Apple mobile device or computer and click on the link. On the computer, a file will download. Open the file and choose which calendar category you want your JobNimbus to show up under and the calendar will be added to your iCal account.
On your mobile device, after you click the link, an option will pop up asking if you want to subscribe, click "Subscribe" and the calendar will be added to your iCal account.
Your tasks feature includes the ability to create task categories, the ability to manage your JobNimbus calendar, and the ability to manage tasks in your Contacts and Jobs. Task Categories help you organize your different task types. Your JobNimbus calendar houses all of your tasks in an easy to view platform. The Tasks tab in your Contacts and Jobs shows the specific tasks related to that Contact or Job.
To help you keep your tasks organized, you can use Task Types in your settings. To access your Task Types, click on your name in the top right corner and select "Settings" from the dropdown menu. In your Settings, select "Task Type" from the menu on the left.
In your Task Type tab, you can manage all of the different categories for your tasks. To add a task type, click on the button labeled "Add Type".
In the Add Task Type window, you can:
- Give your Task Type a name.
- Give your Task Type a default name. This is what a task with this type will be automatically named.
- Choose to hide tasks with the task type from the calendar view.
- Choose to hide tasks with the task type from your Task List, which hides the task from your "My Tasks" section on your Dashboard.
- Give the task type an image. This image will show next to the task title in the calendar.
To access your calendar, click on "Calendar" from the left side menu.
This will take you to your calendar view. Team members with full access Access Profiles will be able to view all team members' calendars and tasks, while team members with limited access Access Profiles will only be able to view their own. To learn more about access profiles, read in our article here.
In your calendar view, you can:
- Add a task.
- Adjust which team member's calendars you see. Note: this will only be available to team members with settings access in their Access Profile settings.
- Adjust which task types you see in your calendar. You can even choose to show or hide your completed tasks.
- Adjust if you are viewing the calendar by Day, Week, Month, or Agenda. Agenda will show your upcoming tasks in list format.
- Change the day, week or month you are viewing.
- View the tasks in your calendar.
- Print the current view of your calendar.
- Map out your tasks. Clicking the Map icon will pull up a map of all of your tasks in your current calendar view. This will help you map out the route you need to take to complete the projects on your calendar.
You can also customize your business hours and which day of the week your calendar starts on. To do this, click on your name in the top-right corner of the screen and select "My Info" from the drop-down menu. In your My Info window, scroll down to the Calendar section.
In your Calendar section, you can:
- Show or hide weekends on your calendar.
- Update when your business opens and closes. Your calendar will not show any hours or tasks that appear outside your specified business hours.
- Choose which day of the week your calendar starts on. This will update which day starts your calendar in Week and Month view.
Adding a Task
You can add a task either through the Calendar, from the Dashboard if you have enabled "My Tasks", or in the Contact or Job. To add a task in the Calendar, click on the "Add Task" button. To add a task from your Contact or Job, click on the Tasks tab, and then click on the "Add Task" button in the tasks pane. You can also add a task using the button in the top banner from most pages in JobNimbus.
After you click on "Add Task", the Create Task window will pop up.
In the Create Task window, you can:
- Choose a Task Type.
- Give your task a name.
- Give your task a description.
- Add a Start or Due Date for your task.
- Add an End Date for your task.
- Give your task a priority.
- Assign the task to a team member.
- Add the task to a Contact or Contacts. If you have Jobs enabled, there will be a spot for you to add the task to a Job or Jobs.
- Add a tag or tags to your task. If the tag does not currently exist, type it into the text field and click Enter.
After you create the task, it will show up in your calendar and, if you related the task to a Contact or Job, in the Contact or Job's file.
Viewing your Task
You can view your task either in your calendar, the "My Tasks" section on your Dashboard, or in the Task tab of your Contact or Job. To view the task in your Contact or Job, click on the Tasks tab.
- You can change whether you view Complete, Incomplete, or Both Complete and Incomplete tasks by clicking on the dropdown menu to the left of the search feature and choosing which type you view.
- Search for a specific Task.
- If the Contact is related to another, you can choose to view both Contacts' tasks or just the one by checking the checkbox labeled "Related".
To edit a task, click on the 3 dots to the right of the task and choose "Edit" from the dropdown menu. This will take you back to the Create Task window to edit the information for your task.
To view the task, click on the 3 dots to the right of the task and choose "View" from the dropdown menu. This will take you to a page where you can view the details for your task in the information panel at the top.
This information contains the task name and description, task type, status, start or due date, and the name of the team member who created the task.
In the dropdown menu in the top right corner of the information panel, you can:
- Edit the task. This allows you to edit the tasks details.
- Add a Sub Task to the task. Subtasks help you break up the task into smaller sections.
- Add a Note to the task's activity. This note can be seen in the task's information.
- Add an attachment to the task. The attachment will be housed in the Documents or Photos tab in the task's information page.
- Mark the task as complete. Marking the task as incomplete will archive the task from your JobNimbus calendar.
- Postpone the due date. This will give you options to postpone the task's due date to the next week, a specific day of the week, or a whole week away.
- Delete the task. Deleting the task will remove the task from JobNimbus.
You can view the notes and sub tasks associated with the task below the information panel. You can also add sub tasks by clicking on the "Add Sub Task" button in the Sub Tasks pane, and add a note by clicking on the "Add Note" button in the Activity pane.
You can also view who is assigned to the task and which contact(s) the task is associated with. You can also use the tabs at the top of this section to move between the Overview, Documents, and Photos for the task.
JobNimbus makes scheduling work easier for you. If you would like, you can use the Contact, Job, or Work Order scheduling features. The Contact, Job, and Work Order Scheduling features allow you to schedule when work will be completed on your Contact, job, or Work Order on your calendar.
To enable the scheduling feature, click on your name in the top right corner and select Settings from the drop-down menu, then select Features from the menu on the left.
If you don't see Job or Work Order scheduling, you will first need to enable the Job or Work Order features.
After you have enabled the scheduling feature for either the Contacts, Jobs, or Work Orders, you will be able to add a start and finish date for the Contact, Job, or Work Order and a task will appear on your calendar for when the work will be completed for that record type.
Do's and Don'ts
- Use tasks to track your appointments and to-do items.
- Create task types for common tasks.
- Relate your tasks to Contacts.
- Give tasks start and end dates.
- Familiarize yourself with the customization options on the left of the calendar.
- Find a calendar view that works for you.
- Set your business hours in "My Info" to expand calendar hours.
- Create a million task types.
- Mark tasks completed before they're accomplished.
- How can I see my employee's appointments on the website calendar without being assigned to the records?
Users with a "settings" access profile can select the team member's appointments they'd like to see on the left hand side of the calendar page, under the "Team Members" section.
- An appointment is missing from my calendar. Where did it go?
Make sure the task is not marked as completed. You can check if the task is marked complete by viewing the task in your Contact or Job. Completed tasks, by default, do not show on the JobNimbus calendar. You can toggle completed tasks on in your Calendar by clicking on Show Completed Tasks in the Calendars section on the left side of your JobNimbus Calendar.
- How can I set recurring tasks in JobNimbus?
You can use the Google Calendar integration with the 2-way sync to create recurring tasks in the JobNimbus calendar. Once the integration is enabled your tasks will sync from JobNimbus to Google Calendar, and then update the task in the Google Calendar to be a recurring event. The recurring events will then sync back to the JobNimbus calendar as tasks.
Still have a few questions about your calendar and tasks? Contact Support at (855) 964-6287 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great idea to help us improve our calendar and tasks? Recommend features and vote for requests at JobNimbus Feedback!